Whether it’s a Monday or a Thursday and you’re on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram you can hashtag your way through the week to keep your social media account fresh, relevant and engaging by jumping on the trends that relevant people are talking about.
A hashtag is essentially a way for social media users to connect their social media post to a relevant conversation. By placing a ‘#’ in front of the word that is trending, a user connects their post to that conversation. By clicking on the hashtag a user can also view all the conversations taking place which include a specific hashtag, in real time.
Hashtags can be used on a whole host of topics and are commonly used to talk about breaking news based on events e.g. #Oscars but did you know that there’s now multiple hashtags for every day of the week? If you use a hashtag in your social media post anyone following that hashtag can view it, they don’t have to be following you.
Whether you’re looking for a motivational pick-me-up on a Monday or wanting to chat with wedding suppliers on a Wednesday take a look at our top tips on how you can hashtag your way through the week.
Hashtag your way through the week
- #MondayMotivation share or read a pick-me-up to get you back into the working week …
- #MondayBlues … or sympathise with people over how horrible Mondays are
- #MCM or #ManCrushMonday does what is says on the tin, go on, share a photo of your celebrity man crush
- #TravelTuesday hashtag fun, exciting and/or unusual destinations. Ideal if your brand has a connection with the travel industry
- #TransformationTuesday if you have a before and after image you can show, this hashtag is ideal for demonstrating how something has been progressed over time. This could be anything from a weight loss programme to a kitchen installation
- #CharityTuesday are you a charity or are you raising funds for a charity? Talk about it using the hashtag to drive awareness and support
- #WeddingWednesday getting married and need a spot of inspiration or are you a wedding supplier that wants to talk to other suppliers or brides-to-be? This is the hashtag to use
- #WineWednesday if you’re a keen fan of the grape based drink share your love, knowledge and top tips
- #WellnessWednesday mainly used for health and fitness brands and advocates, join the conversation to help get your body and mind into tip top shape
- #HumpDay it’s the middle of the week, use this hashtag to share your difficulties of the week or help motivate others to get to the weekend
- #TBT or #ThrowbackThursday a popular hashtag for reminiscing the good times, use this hashtag to share photos and thoughts of events in the past
- #ThankfulThursday everyone’s got something to be thankful for, what’s yours?
- #FF or #FollowFriday follow some great people on social media that you think your followers will enjoy following too? Let them know their social media handles using this hashtag
- #FridayFunday it’s almost the weekend and if you’re team are up to a bit of Friday fun in the office, share your photos
- #FridayNight as you ease yourself into the weekend share your plans for the night ahead or get inspiration from others
- #Caturday granted if you’re a dog lover this might not be the hashtag for you. However if you’re a big fan of our feline friends you’ll want to use this hashtag to share cute, funny and cuddly images of your favourites
- #SocialSaturday probably the most used social hashtag of them all, use it to share fun and engaging content
- #SaturdaySwag want to show off a look or are you a fashion brand with new products in? Share them using the hashtag
- #SS or #SelfieSunday ok so selfies are a phenomenon in themselves on social media but if you need another excuse to post one #SelfieSunday is your hashtag
- #SundayFunday same as #FridayFunday – are you resting on the day of rest or are you up to something fun? Share it
Need some help jumping on the hashtag bandwagon? Give Cariad Marketing’s Social Media team a call on 01992 582824 or fill out our quick contact form to see how we can help build a social marketing strategy around the right hashtags for your business.