Local SEO is absolutely essential for any business in London that wants to gain conversions, sales and revenue from the web. Most consumers use the internet to look for a product or service from a local supplier. And if you don’t have a strong online presence on Google and other search engines, you’ll miss out on a large percentage of traffic and potential leads.
In this blog, we guide you through the basics of local SEO and why your London business should invest in local SEO services.
Browse our affordable SEO packages
The Basics of Local SEO
What is local SEO?
Before we jump into the importance of local SEO in London, we first need to clarify what local SEO is.
Local SEO aims to improve your London business’s visibility on ‘location-based’ search engine results. This is achieved by making it possible for local people to find your business online. This type of digital marketing is considered to be extremely effective at promoting local business’s products and services compared to traditional methods.
Local search queries on Google or other search engines include ‘local content’ such as the borough, post code or the phrase ‘near me.’ This gives Google an indication that the searcher is looking for local businesses and suggests results relevant to their location.
For instance, someone in London searching for ‘hair salon near me’ or even ‘best rated hair salon,’ would be shown numerous hair salons operating in that locality. And local SEO makes it more likely that your business will appear in the top search results.
Key Concepts in Local SEO
- NAP Consistency (Name, Address, Phone Number): NAP consistency refers to the accuracy of your location-based business’s name, address and phone number across all business listings including Google, local directories, social media profiles and websites. NAP is a key search ranking factor for local SEO and will signal to Google that your business is authentic and therefore your site will be ranked higher.
- Google Business Profile Optimisation: One of the best ways to improve your visibility on Google Search is to set up and optimise your Google Business Profile – a free service that lets you manage your business appearance on Google Search and Maps. You will be able to add opening hours, contact information, a business description, website URL and photos to make your profile stand out.
- Local Keywords and Content: Local keywords are keywords that contain location-based specific phrases that generate results in the same geographic area. These keywords help drive people in your area to your business and play a crucial role in your local SEO strategy. Incorporating these keywords into your online content will improve your ranking and visibility.
- Online Reviews and Ratings: Google reviews have a major impact on your local SEO rankings as many people decide on the credibility of your business based on third-party reviews. You should invest time and energy in acquiring authentic customer feedback – this could simply mean asking people who enjoyed your product or service to write a review. The more positive reviews you receive online, the more likely you are to gain the trust of other potential customers.
How Local SEO Differs from Traditional SEO
While traditional SEO focuses on improving your site’s visibility on a national or international scale, local SEO services focus on improving your visibility in local search rankings. Traditional SEO involves increasing the quality and quantity of your organic website traffic while local SEO focuses on geographic components of search.
Local SEO involves optimising your website for local search results to increase online traffic, visibility and foot traffic into physical stores.
Benefits of Local SEO for London Businesses
- Improved visibility in local searches: If your business optimises its website and online presence for London local SEO, you become more visible in local searches. This is because search engines like Google take into account a variety of factors when ranking local search results, including the location of the business, the relevance of the business to the search query, and the quality of the business’s website and online presence.
- Increased website traffic: Consistent local SEO has the potential to give you more users through store visits, calls and website visitors. Your local business can expect to see an increase in website traffic from your local target audience as more people will be able to find your website when they search for businesses in the area.
- Enhanced trust and credibility: London-centric search engine optimisation for the local market will create trust and credibility amongst your target audience. This is because local SEO involves claiming and verifying your Google Business Profile listing and getting reviews from customers. Through local SEO, you can showcase your expertise and gain the trust of your target audience.
- Higher conversion rates: One of the most important benefits of a local SEO campaign is the conversions it can generate. Local SEO can attract potential customers who are already interested in what your business has to offer. It ensures that when the time comes for them to buy, your business will be shown in the top search results. And they will be more likely to contact you and convert.
- Competitive advantage: London is one of the most competitive marketplaces in the UK so you will need a strong local presence to stay ahead of the competition. Investing in local SEO services will enable your business to outrank competitors making it more likely that customers will choose your products or services. Plus, keeping your business profile up to date with new content and great reviews will ensure that you remain visible to the locals in your area.
Get a Bespoke London Local SEO Strategy
A local SEO agency will help put your website in the best position to be seen by local customers. For example, you may have found this blog by searching for ‘Local SEO London,’ ‘Local SEO services London’, or ‘London Local SEO strategy.’ By targeting London’s unique demographics and the right local keywords, you can boost your ranking on Google, increase your conversion rate and much more.
Get in touch with one of the best local SEO agencies and start attracting local customers in your area with a bespoke London SEO strategy. Or browse our affordable SEO packages to find one that suits your business needs and budget.