Search engine optimisation (SEO) can sometimes feel like a bit of a black hole. We know it’s there but it’s not always simple to see and understand everything that is a part of it when it comes to digital marketing. So what is SEO and how do you know whether it can help your business?
Understanding SEO for small businesses
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of improving the ranking of your website on organic search results pages generated by sites like Google. The purpose of search engines is to provide answers to users’ queries in the form of relevant web pages. It’s well-known that websites that appear higher up in the results will attract more traffic to their pages and potentially more business. In fact, the first page of Google captures about 71% of web traffic and 75% of people will never scroll past the first page on a Google search.
Why is SEO important for small businesses?
Online visibility plays an important role in attracting new customers and building a strong presence with your target audience. It’s very likely that your audience is searching for the products and services you offer on search engines like Google. And of course, you want your business to appear in the search results. This is where SEO comes in.
SEO can help small businesses increase their visibility and credibility, generate targeted traffic and provide a better user experience to stay ahead of the competition. It is the most viable and cost-effective way to understand and reach your customers in a highly competitive digital landscape.
Benefits of SEO services for small businesses
- Improved online visibility: When your website ranks higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), it is more likely to be seen by potential customers. And a higher ranking can lead to a significant increase in website traffic, which can in turn lead to more leads and sales.
On the flip side, if your website is not ranking on the first page of Google, you are missing out on a lot of potential traffic and potential customers.
- Targeted traffic: SEO can help you attract targeted traffic to your website by targeting relevant keywords – words and phrases that people are likely to use when searching for products or services like yours. When you optimise your website for relevant keywords, it will show up in SERPs for people who could be interested in your business. This is especially important if you have a local business. You want to make use of local SEO to ensure that your website appears in search results when people search for area-specific keywords such as “dentist near me” or “dentist in London.”
- Cost-effective marketing: SEO is a cost-effective marketing strategy because it uses strategies to target people who are actively looking for your products or services online. As a result, you can increase your visibility organically with little to no spending while continuing to rank in search results for many years.
- Long-term results: It takes time to see results from SEO, but the results will be sustainable in the long run.
Once your website is optimised for relevant keywords, it will start to rank higher in search results. The higher your website ranks, the more traffic you will receive which can bring your business more leads and sales.
Choosing the right SEO company for your small business
Why hire an SEO company?
SEO service providers offer a number of benefits that can be valuable for your business, including:
- Expertise and resources – SEO agencies have the expertise and resources to help you develop and implement a successful SEO strategy. They have a team of SEO experts who you can rely on as they’re up-to-date on the latest SEO trends and best practices.
- Time savings – SEO can be a time-consuming process, especially if you are not familiar with it. Outsourcing your SEO allows you to spend your time on other important tasks.
- Better results – an SEO agency has the experience and track record to help you achieve better results. They know how to implement keyword research, technical SEO and other techniques to get your website ranking higher in search results simply because that’s their field of expertise!
Bespoke small business SEO services
Dreaming of being on page one of Google search results? Take the first step towards achieving that dream by getting in touch with our SEO experts. We specialise in providing professional SEO services tailored to help your business improve its rankings and increase online visibility.
But that’s not all; we understand the importance of starting with a solid foundation. Avail our free SEO audit to determine the health of your current SEO strategy and discover more about your website. This audit offers valuable insights to guide your improvement efforts and shape the type of SEO strategy that can generate quality inquiries for your business.
Are you ready to turn your SEO dreams into reality? Contact us today to discuss how our professional SEO services and affordable SEO packages can be the key to unlocking your website’s full potential.