Linkedin banner image too tall
Is LinkedIn saying your banner image is too tall? If so, try some of these top tips below:
1. Make sure that your banner is the correct size and format:
- 646×220 pixels PNG/Jpeg/GIF Max 2 MB
Note: Making graphics in Adobe Illustrator can sometimes cause your image to save larger than you have defined. This is because when you turn off a layers visibility and the artwork in that layer is hanging off of the art board, Illustrator saves the file with extra space for the artwork; even if it is invisible. Therefore before exporting you should always check that all artwork (visible or invisible) is within the art board.
2. Check again if the image is the correct size after exporting by clicking on the image in the file location and at the bottom of the window it displays the image dimensions. Make sure these dimensions are 646×220.
3. Save it in PNG format if you have not.
4. Clear your browser cookies and then sign in to your account to see if the issue is resolved.
5. Use a different Internet browser, sign into your account and try to upload your LinkedIn banner again.
Browsers you could try:
- Internet Explorer
If you still experience this issue submit a ticket to Linkedin’s customer service by using the Contact Us button at the top of the page. Be sure to attach the re-sized banner image in PNG format in the message to their support team.