So, today is Cariad’s 13th anniversary.
When I think back to our first day of trading, when hopes were high, excitement off the scale and conversations with our first clients in progress – I have to smile.
Here we are 13 years later and whilst so much has changed, so much remains the same.
A passion for digital marketing. A 100% commitment to our clients. A hard working team of 20 who do what they love and love what they do. Numerous awards and accolades…
Anyone who knows me would know how incredibly proud I am of #TeamCariad – over 50% of which have worked here for more than 3 years. Such a talented and dedicated crew.
Our co-founder, the late great Steve Perry would be very proud indeed.
To reflect on our success, here is a potted history of some of our high-points and low-points from the last 13 years.
- Cariad launched from the kitchen table at home (home working was unusual then!)
- Our first clients were secured in first week of trading
- Launch of first websites – Drupal CMS
- Started business networking for the first time
- Move to our first office in Hertford
- Team grows with the addition of two hires
- 20 small business websites launched
- Hosted small business social media training events
- Joined the Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce
- Too many website launches to count!
- Hosted many more digital marketing training events
- James Koussertari joins Cariad as our first Apprentice
- Launched our Facebook page
- First eCommerce website went live (and is still a client)
- Tragedy – death of co-founder Steve Perry
- Difficult year personally (understatement), however business retains client rosta
- Move to a larger office – Wilton House in Hertford (still here!)
- Progressed to developing WordPress websites
- Won two awards – Hertfordshire Business Awards
- New logo
- Joined committee for Ambition Conference to help local SME
- Winner multiple awards
- Became a ‘Dragon’ for local initiative ‘Dragons Apprentice
- Redefined our digital marketing packages
- Became a Google Partner
- Winner of more awards
- Fundraising as a whole team for local good causes
- RAR Recommended Agency
- Sponsor of Best Business Women Awards for first time
- Waxathon Fundraiser – even the boys were involved
- Our first Race Night Fundraiser event
- Started speaking at conferences
- Won several awards
- All staff trained and certified in GDPR
- Zosia (the Cockerpoo) joins the Cariad pack
- Awesome year for recruitment – 4 new starters – all still with us
- Double digits – Cariad turned 10
- Raised £11k for Isabel Hospice
- All staff trained and certified in GDPR (and every year ever since!)
- First Team Member certified in Facebook Marketing
- Became an Enterprise Adviser for The Sele School Hertford
- Became a Trustee of Hertford Museum
- Re-branded with ‘modern art’ theme
- Major challenge – COVID 19 Pandemic
- Headcount remained constant
- Tragedy – death of Operations Manager Sara Rogers
- Pandemic continues
- Redefined and remodelled marketing packages
- Won multiple awards
- Launched Cariad Web Design
- 5 new starters
- First Team Member certified in LinkedIn
- First Half Marathon RUN – a team effort !
- Finalist: FSB Digital/E-commerce Business of the Year (fingers crossed for the finals)
- Still a Google Partner – all of SEO & PPC Team are fully certified
- More team members certified in Facebook Marketing
- 17 full time employees and 3 part time
Wow – and that’s just the tip of the iceberg! I feel thankful and grateful for the support, care and sheer hard work of my team so would like to finish by saying another massive thank you to all members of #TeamCariad past and present for their contribution to our continued success. I’d also like to thank all of our amazing clients and suppliers who we are inspired by every day.
We have an exciting year ahead – I can’t wait to see what it brings.